Job ID 33002
Job Title: Transport Supervisor
Organisation: Luuka Plastics Ltd
Duty Station: Kawempe, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Luuka Plastics is one of the leading manufacturers of flexible packaging materials and plastics in Uganda. We deliver top-quality products and services to our customers in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, and South Sudan. We follow international standards of quality control with ISO 9001:2015 certification. We produce customized packaging for a huge variety of foodstuffs & confectionary, fast-moving consumer goods, pharmaceutical products, personal hygiene products, and much more. Our solutions incorporate high-quality laminates with registered cold seals, hot-filled laminates, all types of pouches, shrink sleeves, foils, and customer options are almost endless.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the successful candidate will;
- Develop section work plans, budgets and implement the same
- Review and implement the transport standard operating procedures.
- Plan and allocate delivery routes to drivers on a daily basis
- Ensure that trucks and drivers have all the road safety tools like reflector jackets, stoppers, triangular reflectors, jerk, wheel spanner and the tool box etc.
- Implement preventive maintenance schedules and ensure all cars and trucks are in good mechanical conditions and are insured
- Sensitise drivers on defensive driving skills to reduce accidents and incidents
- Monitor drivers fuel usage, regularly check driver’s trip/delivery sheets and car log books to ensure things are okay
- Daily monitoring of car tracking system on vehicle movements, routes, speed and ensure that customers deliveries are made in time
- Supervise, train and appraise all subordinates 10. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a diploma or degree in auto-mechanical engineering from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A driving permit and driving experience.
- At least four years of experience in a similar role in a busy manufacturing company
- Leadership and people management skills, effective communication skills, excellent customer care skills, sound decision making skills, team work and ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Physical strength and stamina and ability to work for long hours and move to the field
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the relevant qualifications and experience should send their application letters, curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents by email to: email@example.com; by quoting the job reference No. as the email subject. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment in word or PDF format not exceeding 2MBs. Hand delivered applications can be dropped to the Human Resource Office in Kawempe.
Deadline: 24th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Luuka Plastics Ltd|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|