Job ID 20264
Job Title: Warehousing and Purchasing Assistant (Re-Advertised)
Organisation: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Job Summary: We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Warehousing and Purchasing Assistant to support the Supply Chain Management department under the direction of the Procurement Officer in properly maintaining, operating, and carrying out the duties and procedures related to the effective operations of PSI Regional and 3rd party warehouses activities. In conjunction with the Procurement and disposal unit, co-ordinate Inventory/ Asset’s disposition and offer administrative support to the procurement business processes in accordance with the PSI Uganda policies and guidelines to ensure that the platform has sufficient amounts of materials, works and services at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post and record warehouse transactions and update the ERPS (QBE) accordingly in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and submit periodic inventory reports for management decision making in a timely accurate and complete manner.
- Perform daily analysis of warehouse transfers at central warehouses to predict potential inventory problems
- Support supervision to 3rd party warehousing staff involved in inventory management; support PSIU staff through mentorship in inventory control and warehousing procedures.
- Promptly catalogue the organization’s assets and inventory disposition reports and support the procurement unit in the disposal process
- Provide logistical support in Procurement committee meetings by ensuring timely, accurate and complete document proceedings of Procurement committee, ensuring minutes and preparing simple related documentation e.g., Bids, Analysis of quotations, Conflict of interest declaration as per PSI Policies and procedures and promptly update users on the status of their procurement transactions.
- Receive in the ERPS, record and copy suppliers’ invoices for onward submission for preparation of payments in line with PSIU’s procurement policies and procedures
- Receive and verify purchase order documentation for completeness and accuracy; as per the process checklist, follow up on approvals and QBE entries before award, contact vendors for execution and maintain accurate records both in electronic and hard copy files.
- Support the implementation of all internal audit recommendations in respect to warehousing, procurement, and assets disposition in a completely accurate and timely manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor(s) to ensure timely availability of procured services and commodities/items to user departments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Pharmacy Auxiliary Staff Qualifications (Diploma in Pharmacy or Nursing/Relevant Qualification)
- Fully Registered with the relevant professional council (i.e Allied Health Professionals Council/ Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council)
- Certification in Procurement from a reputable Institution is an added advantage
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software
- Two years of relevant experience in warehousing management and procurement
- Conversant with current Good Distribution/Manufacturing Practices (GDP/GMP), standard operation procedures (SOPS), stock/Inventory management as well as procurement processes
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical operations.
- Knowledge of enterprise resources planning systems (EPRS), inventory/warehouse management and distribution software, electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and database.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Results Driven; Tracks the completion of activities and ensures follow-up.
- Develop others; Coaches others and helps them develop their knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other PSIU customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Customer Service Orientation: Demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and present benefits to meet and overcome objections.
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and
Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating
the Job title in the subject of the email. Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement. Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Deadline: 31st December 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare